Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Mom life

Today was exhausting. The kids are fighting a cold, so they couldn't get enough of my attention. Gabe had a really long day at the university. He felt bad for our babies when he got home so he made frozen cupcakes with them. They loved it. Mama not so much. Cupcakes usually aren't that tempting, but this mix is ridiculous. I made the selfless decision and gave half of them to our old neighbors. They don't want them, and I knew that, but I knew they'd want some snuggles from the kiddos. The kids ability to wreak havoc in the home was on pointe today as is evidenced by these pics. All I wanted to do tonight was eat the remainder of the cupcakes and curl up in bed comatosed. But gosh damn it my judgement got the better of me! I gave myself a pep talk, wrapped the cupcakes up, got them out of the way, and got to cleaning...
Being a mom, cleaning the house is obviously nothing heroic(although wouldn't it be awesome if it was??!) It was simply a small feat for me, to stay in control of my emotions, rather than eating them. I have a tremendous amount of respect for moms who live the prep life, it's seriously not easy. But man is it satisfying to put in a good days work, to know you gave it your all. Sometimes our ALL means not bingeing on your kids cupcakes, and cleaning your shi* storm of a house. That was my all today, hopefully tomorrow I'll have more gas in the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment