Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Chill day


This morning I wasn't able to get to the gym before the kiddos woke up, so I would have had to go tonight. Which I hate with the passion of a thousand burning suns!!!!!!! The night crowd at the gym is supremely obnoxious and it's so congested. I also really hate taking that time from my family if I don't have to. Pen wasn't feeling kids klub, and I didn't have the fight in me so we just chilled at home. In keeping grounded during prep, I've learned that it's critical to not beat myself up for having days that are less than perfect. Those days are going to happen. When you've got a family, prep is simply never your #1 priority. That's not to say that you can't make it a priority in your life. You HAVE to in order to make it on stage. It will simply never be a priority that resides above my family's well-being.  So today I rest, and 6:30am tomorrow I am right back at it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment