Tuesday, February 17, 2015

4 yr old birthday magic







I get so much joy from planning parties for Pen. She looks forward to her birthday all year long, so there's kind of lot of pressure! This year we did a Frozen theme. Penny was emphatic about having Anna attend. Hiring from this SLC princess company is worth every single penny. They do an unbelievable job bringing their character to life. Really, the adults are always just as entertained as the kids. It's going to be hard when we have to invite friends and not just cousins, because we have such a massive family! We always invite our birth families to the kid's birthday parties as well, so the invite list can get a little bit out of hand. It's just so special to have our babies surrounded with so much love. I am so grateful that we have the privilege of having open adoptions. To be able to share this special day with the women who brought them into this world, is indescribable. I kept looking from Penny to Autumn, thinking about this day 4 years ago. It's so comforting to see that Autumn has no doubt that this is where Penny should be. I want to be everything that our birth mom's wished for their babies. I'm so far from perfect, but my gosh, I worship these kids. I never forget the sacrifice that was made, to make me a mother. It is this sacrifice that drives me to cherish them that much more. So grateful for my beautiful 4 yr old princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment