Wednesday, February 18, 2015

No BS meal prep

There's a few things I've learned about meal prepping...1. If I don't do it immediately upon returning from the grocery store then it won't be done. Ridiculous, I know. And totally wasteful. 2. Effective meal prep starts with a solid plan. I have to be real with myself about what I feel like eating, and what I've been craving. A fridge full of prepped food does you no good if you're not going to actually eat it! 3. Portion out everything and prepare all components neccesary to complete the meal before hand. This last one may not apply to everyone, but I have been guilty of not eating prepped food simply bc it wasn't measured out. Yup, I'm that lazy. The thing about meal prep is that it's not always the first food you want to eat. For instance, my family's left over pizza lives right next to my healthy prepped meals in the fridge. When I'm exhausted and stressed, guess what, that pizza serenades me!! It whispers sweet nothings into my ears as I am questioning what to eat. If I don't have a meal totally ready to go, chances are the pizza could win out. Id like to say my will power is strong enough to overcome setbacks but guess what, it's not. At least at this point in my life it's certainly not. I am under a lot of pressure and food is one of my only vices. So if I want to effectively prep for my show then I don't BS myself. I just prep my meals and take as many naps as I can squeeze in. 

I used a variety of cooking methods to make the most of my time; dehydrator, oven, crockpot, and my george foreman grill.
This is my entire intake for the next 3 days....
Breakfast: jazzythings blueberry French toast & turkey bacon 
Snack: dried apples
Lunch: kick in' chickin' seasoned chicken tenders, sweet potato fries, green beans, and Bolthouse blue cheese yogurt dressing.
Dinner: jazzythings meatballs & spaghetti squash, and spinach, pear, blue cheese(I've really been craving blue cheese, dunno why?), sugared walnuts, & fat free balsamic vinagraitte
Snack: simple truth popcorn seasoned with white cheddar Kernal seasonings
...not pictured is my beloved Diet Pepsi❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment